The objective of the Head Chef is to work together with and under the guidance of the Executive Chef. He/she will be in charge of leading and guiding the kitchen team, to effectively serve the demands of the restaurant. This individual will be managing a crew of at least 20 employees.
The Head Chef is required to:
To lead in the absence of the Executive Chef
· Following the standards set by the Executive Chef and the company
· Supervise and coordinate activities of the cooks and kitchen staff
· Guide, motivate, and develop the team
· Ensure that a consistent high quality of food is delivered at all times
Ensure consistency and quality of food
· Pay special attention to the presentation of food
· Ensure constant checks on taste and visual quality of the food
· Ensure appropriate and consistency in portion, plating, garnishing of each dish
· Monitor quality and quantity of food prepared
Ensure all statutory hygiene requirements are diligently followed
· Ensure strict sanitation with food standards are achieved
To work together with the management team in overseeing the kitchen
· Assist in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, motivating and coaching employees
· Ensure compliance in following all safety and security policies and procedures set by the company
· Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the Executive Chef in a timely manner
· Complete safety training and certifications
· Ensure that the team is well-groomed and properly attired, according to the company’s standards
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
· Protect company assets
· Develop and maintain positive working relationship with the team to reach common goals
• Two years working experience in the same capacity
• SPM/Diploma/Degree or higher academic qualifications in any relevant fields.
• Basic communication in Bahasa Malaysia and English.
• Independent with persuasive interpersonal skills and results-driven.
• Computer literate and numerate.
• Good time management skills
• Able to work on shift
• Target oriented and ability to work under pressure to meet targets.
• Good attitude and responsible character